About Us

My photo
"Bringing physical help to the poor to give them eternal hope in Christ"... A Family dedicated to seeking God and showing His enduring love to ALL, in a world that is passing away.

Friday, February 21, 2014

How is Eric doing...

I noticed that I wrote about everyone but me so I thought I would fill in the gaps.

I am having a blast playing with the kids, ministering to the parents and teaching the older kids some math, Taekwondo and soon a discipleship class. I have lost a good amount of weight. Walking a half mile to the other houses many times each day for everything including clean water and to wash clothes will do that. I have been able to spend a lot more time praying, worshiping and reading scripture with the kids. I, like the rest of the family, am ichy from the scores of bug bites. It was just 2 days ago that we learned the benefits of bug repellent lotion. It "mostly" works :) The boys and I will start construction of some new wooden bunkbeds tomorrow and then creating an incinerator for trash disposal. Life is slower here and community is the lifeblood of each day. Today after TKD class several of the people just sat in our yard and we talked for over an hour. Not much of a hurry here...Enjoying God's goodness.

-Eric

1 comment:

Dora Haddox said...

Sounds like your kind of place.....
MOM