About Us

My photo
"Bringing physical help to the poor to give them eternal hope in Christ"... A Family dedicated to seeking God and showing His enduring love to ALL, in a world that is passing away.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

An evening outside...


I'm sitting on my front steps watching the fireflies in the shrubs and the clouds spill over the cliffs like fog waterfalls. The stars are coming out as the jungle begins its evening song. I am such a long way from Reno.

I went inside for dinner with the family. Just as dinner was finishing we heard a group calling from outside the house "Haddox's!" Was the call. A group of about 15 came in our gate and up to the house. They came to get us for a game of ultimate frisbee out front of our house on the airstrip with a lighted LED frisbee. It is pitch black out tonight because there is no moon in the sky. I stumbled into the field carrying Zoe on my back (she hurt her leg and can't walk very good) the two of us laid on the grass and looked up into the dark sky speckled with more stars than I have ever seen before. There are so many stars that I can make out the silhouette of the three volcanoes that surround us. We can hear the group of kids calling out to each other like in a soccer game and running right in front of us on the field but I still can't make out a single figure or even movement of any kind, nothing but blackness below the horizon with streaks of color from the lit frisbee in flight. Such an unusual but beautiful sight. I can't help but chuckle a little with happiness.

No comments: