About Us

My photo
"Bringing physical help to the poor to give them eternal hope in Christ"... A Family dedicated to seeking God and showing His enduring love to ALL, in a world that is passing away.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mr. Mom

Heather is in the states for a week to visit her best friend Holly and Holly’s baby girl Addy during her first birthday. Heather has been having a blast back with family and friends. Hopefully she can post a blog about her time. I have been Mr. Mom and it has been raining every day so we have been trapped indoors. A one day the kids never even got out of PJs but only changed PJs when time for bed came around again. I have a new found respect for the work of a single parent.
The kids are ever growing, just this morning we all were looking at pictures from 2000-2002 and noticing the big differences. Eli misses his “boat bed” and the blanket he had with it. I had to explain that he wouldn’t even fit in it any more even if we still had it. The kids are such a treasure and the time goes by so fast as a whole while at times some frustrating evenings never seem to end and bedtime creeps from 8:30 down to 7:30. I find it interesting how easy it is to deal with the kids when they are having fun but how difficult it is when they are fighting or being disobedient. It makes me wonder how easy or difficult it is to be around me depending on my mood, and when we both are grumpy, LORD help us! Today we will get out to have some fun even if it is just going shopping for junk food and splashing in the nasty puddles. I guess laundry needs to wait sometimes…

Coming up…

Late June and all of July is looking to be quite busy as I will be taking 3 trips to build homes for Stan victims, placing a freshwater pipeline for Tabacal, we will be moving to San Cristobal (20 min from here but walking distance from my work), and my nephew Nick Haddox will visit for the month of July.

Things to Pray for…

- For me to keep a fun outlook with the kids and to not take my work schedule so seriously.

- For the remainder of Heather’s trip, that it would be encouraging to both her and others; and that she would have uneventful travel.

- For the move to San Cristobal to come quickly

- For Anzo’s adoption – We have received approval from the US to adopt and now we are looking to find a family court date with the Guatemalan courts – So pray that we get a date quickly and the process can go smoothly and finish in the next couple months.

- For Heather’s health – she has been plagued by a mystery illness that makes her very tired and naucious in the evenings. She doesn’t have much of an appetite, many things make her sick and she has lost about 15-17lbs.

Thanks again for your support

Eric

No comments: